ADS

Feta Salsa

Feta Salsa


It is always nice to be able to sit down and relax and enjoy a good dip and I am always looking for interesting new dips to try. I recently came across a very interesting idea for a feta salsa dip on smitten kitchen and I knew immediately that I would have to try it. This feta salsa's primary ingredients are feta, olives and sundried tomatoes which are all near the top of my list of favorite ingredients. From there you finish the salsa off with some herbs and olive oil. I decided to add some garlic and for the herbs I was thinking Greek and went with some fresh oregano. I was also planning on adding some green onions but I forgot that I was out and had to skip them. (Thinking about it now, I had some red onions that would have worked well.) Given the simple list of ingredients you want to use some good ones and I took the opportunity to pick up some nice imported Greek sheep milk feta and some nice olives. The feta "salsa" turned out really well! It was nice and tasty and so packed with flavour! I enjoyed scooping the the feta salsa up with whole wheat pitas when I served it the first time. The leftovers went really nicely on salads and I added about a tablespoon of it to my next few bowls of salad during the week.

Feta Salsa

(makes 2 appetizer sized servings)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
1/2 pound feta (crumbled)
1/2 cup kalamata olives (pitted and chopped)
1/2 cup sundried tomatoes in oil (drained and chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 tablespoon oregano (chopped)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice

Directions:
1. Mix everything in a bowl.

Similar Recipes:
Htipiti (Greek Feta Cheese Dip)
Marinated Feta with Olives and Roasted Red Pepper
Greek Salad (Horiatiki Salata)
Tomato and Feta Dip

No comments:

Post a Comment