ADS

Fresh Green Pea Soup


While shopping for some fruits and vegetables at the local produce market this weekend, a heap of fresh green peas caught my attention. You could instantly tell that those fresh green pods were lodging some pretty big plump peas inside! So, I just had to buy a bagful of it; but, I wasn’t sure what to do with it then. I always liked green peas with fresh mint leaves. To me at least, they are a perfect combination. In light of that, I thought it would be a good idea to turn those peas into a light refreshing soup. It turned out great, and the kids thoroughly enjoyed it. This recipe serves 4 as a starter. Well, I’d like to encourage you to try making this soup and do provide me with your feedback. ☺


Fresh Green Pea Soup
(Printable Recipe)

Ingredients

1.2 kg Fresh Green Peas, shelled
1 Medium Yellow Onion, finely chopped
1 Clove Garlic, chopped
1 Cup Fresh Mint Leaves, chopped
3 Cups Chicken Stock
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
Sea Salt to taste
Freshly Ground Black Pepper

Method

In a large saucepan, melt the butter with oil on low heat. Cook the garlic and onions with a pinch of salt until soft and translucent but not brown.

Turn the heat on medium, add green peas and mint leaves and cook for about 5 minutes.

Add the chicken stock, bring it to a boil and lower the heat and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes. Allow the mixture to cool slightly, then puree the mixture.

Return the soup to saucepan and simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Stir and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.


No comments:

Post a Comment