ADS

Thai Cucumber and Pineapple Salad

Thai Cucumber and Pineapple Salad


While I was at the grocery store I noticed that they still had cheap pineapples and I remembered coming across the idea of a Thai pineapple and cucumber salad while I was researching the Thai pineapple fried rice that I made recently. Using pineapple in a salad had sounded like a good idea and I remembered wanting to try it out. I started with the base of the salad being the pineapple and the cucumber and from there I added a bunch of fresh herbs including some green onions, cilantro and mint. For the dressing I went with some pretty classic Thai flavours including fish sauce, lime juice, a birds eye chili and some palm sugar to round things out. I also had a large red chili that needed to be used so I threw that in as well though the birds eye chili certainly provided enough heat. The cucumber and pineapple salad turned out really nice! With both the cucumber and the pineapple being nice and cool and juicy this salad is perfect for warm summer days. The dressing was a really nice balance of salty, tart, and spicy hot and the sweetness of the pineapple balanced it out really nicely. The chopped up birds eye chili was one of my favorite parts of this salad as every once in a while you would get hit by and intense burst of heat but then the next bite would be full of juicy, quenching pineapple and cucumber.

Thai Cucumber and Pineapple Salad

(makes 2 salads)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
1/2 pineapple (peeled, cored and cut into bite sized pieces)
1/2 cucumber (peeled and cut into bite sized pieces)
2 green onions (sliced)
1 handful cilantro
1 handful mint (chopped)
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 lime (juice and zest)
1 teaspoon palm sugar (grated or sugar)
1 birds eye chili (chopped)
1 handful peanuts (roasted and chopped, optional)

Directions:
1. Mix the pineapple, cucumber, green onions, cilantro and mint in a large bowl.
2. Mix the fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and chili in a small bowl.
3. Toss the salad in the dressing to coat.
4. Serve garnished with chopped roasted peanuts.

Similar Recipes:
Green Mango Salad
Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
Prawn and Pineapple Curry
Thai Black Rice Salad
Thai Beef Noodle Salad
Grilled Pineapple Salsa
Thai Style Black Quinoa Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment