ADS

BLT Salad with Avocados and a Blue Cheese Dressing

BLT Salad with Avocados and a Blue Cheese Dressing


It is the end of the week and I have been enjoying BLT sandwiches in various forms all week and it was time to change things up a bit. I still had some field tomatoes, lettuce and bacon in the fridge however that needed to be finished. With the lettuce and tomatoes already there it was not too much of a leap to think about a salad and bacon always goes well in salads. But, with just tomatoes, lettuce and bacon the salad would have been pretty boring and then I thought of the BLAT that adds avocado to the BLT and since I had one on hand a diced avocado was the next thing to go onto the salad. I like the pungency that onions add to salads so I added some chopped red onions. A BLT just wouldn't be complete without some mayo and I was wondering how I could work some into the salad and then it hit me, a blue dressing made with mayo would be perfect. I used my blue cheese dip recipe replacing the sour cream with buttermilk to thin it out a bit to make it more dressing like. As many salads are this one was easy to throw together and it hit the spot! The juicy tomatoes and creamy avocado went really well with the salty bacon and tangy blue cheese dressing.

BLT Salad with Avocados and a Blue Cheese Dressing

(makes 2 salads)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
4 slices of bacon (cooked and crumbled)
2 cups lettuce (cut)
1 avocado (stoned, scooped and diced)
1 tomato (diced)
1/4 red onion (sliced)
2 tablespoons blue cheese dressing

Directions:
1. Assemble salad and toss with dressing to coat.

Similar Recipes:
BLT (Bacon Lettuce and Tomato) Sandwich
Diced Caprese Salad with a Pesto Dressing
Strawberry and Avocado Spinach Salad
BBQ Chicken Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing

No comments:

Post a Comment