ADS

Zucchini and Green Chile Egg Breakfast Casserole

Zucchini and Green Chile Breakfast Casserole


With all of the great fall produce around it seems that I have not had zucchini in a while and I think that I may been having withdrawal symptoms. This recipe for a zucchini and green chili breakfast casserole from Kalyn's Kitchen has been on my mind since I saw it and I finally had to give in and make it. I have made and enjoyed egg breakfast casseroles with jalapenos and baked egg dishes with zucchini in the past, and I liked the sound of combining the zucchini with the spicy green chilies in an egg breakfast casserole. I stuck fairly close to the recipe, though I decided to use grated zucchini as I like the way that it melds in without disturbing the overall texture of the baked egg too much. I also had an almost finished jar of pickled jalapeno peppers that I added for a bit of extra heat. Egg casseroles like this are as easy to make as; mix, pour and bake and they make a lot so you have leftovers for a few really quick and tasty breakfasts during the week. This zucchini and green chili egg casserole turned out as well as I had been anticipating! I served the casserole with some salsa and a dab of sour cream and it made for a breakfast with a kick that really gets you going in the morning!

Zucchini and Green Chile Egg Breakfast Casserole

(makes 6+ servings)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
10 eggs
1 1/2 cup zucchini (grated, squeezed and drained)
1 cup cottage cheese
1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (drained)
1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Mix everything in a bowl.
2. Pour the mixture into a greased 8 inch square baking pan.
3. Bake in a preheated 375F oven until the eggs are firmly set and golden brown on top, about 25-35 minutes.

Similar Recipes:
Asparagus, Mushroom and Goat Cheese Egg Breakfast Casserole
Ham and Cheese Egg Casserole
Herbed Zucchini and Feta Quiche with a Brown Rice Crust
Zucchini and Kimchi Quiche with a Brown Rice Crust
Guacamole Omelette with Salsa
Chorizo Scrambled Eggs Breakfast Tacos

No comments:

Post a Comment