ADS

Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Covered in Melted Gorgonzola

Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Covered in Melted Gorgonzola


While I was enjoying the brussels sprouts with bacon, cranberries and pecans that I recently made, I thought that they would be even better with some crumbled blue cheese. Since I did not have any blue cheese on hand at the time I filed the idea away for later. When I had more time to think about it, I thought that instead of just having chunks of blue cheese with the brussels sprouts, why not use a softer blue cheese like gorgonzola dolce and let it melt completely? That way the yummy, creamy, melted gorgonzola-y goodness would completely cover the brussels sprouts! I just had to try it!

When I was thinking of sides for my bacon wrapped maple roast pork there was no question that creamy gorgonzola covered brussels sprouts would be included. In the end I decided that I wanted to more completely enjoy the gorgonzola and brussels sprouts flavour combo so I decided to drop the distractions of the cranberries and walnuts but you can't go wrong with bacon so that stayed in. The creamy melted gorgonzola covered brussels sprouts were so good! Each bite met you with the tangy gorgonzola followed by the natural sweetness and juiciness of the brussels sprouts which cut through the creamy gorgonzola perfectly refreshing your palette readying you to enjoy your next bite of perfection. The creamy, tangy and salty bacon and gorgonzola brussels sprouts went nicely with the sweet maple roasted acorn squash and the roast pork rounding off one amazing meal!

Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Covered in Melted Gorgonzola

(makes 4 servings)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
2 slices bacon (cut into 1/2 inch slices)
1 pound brussels sprouts (cleaned, quartered, blanched and drained)
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup gorgonzola dolce (crumbled)

Directions:
1. Cook the bacon in a pan and set aside reserving 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease.
2. Add the brussels sprouts to the pan, season with salt and pepper and saute for a minute.
3. Remove from heat and mix in the gorgonzola.

Similar Recipes:
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Cranberries and Pecans
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Lemon
Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta and Chestnuts
Roasted Butternut Squash with Caramelized Onions, Gorgonzola and Crispy Fried Sage
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Toasted Pine Nuts
Pistachio and Gorgonzola Risotto

No comments:

Post a Comment