ADS

Dak Bulgogi (Korean BBQ Chicken)

Dak Bulgogi (Korean BBQ Chicken) Lettuce Wraps


I had been craving some Korean cuisine for a while and it was finally time to satiate it. When I think of Korean cuisine I generally think spicy but a lot of the BBQ meats such as bulgogi (Korean BBQ beef) and kalbi (Korean BBQ short ribs) are actually marinated in mixture that is on the sweet side. I had been wanting to try a chicken version of the bulgogi but I also had a plan that required the chicken to have some heat. For the recipe I simply took the bulgogi, tweaked it a bit and added a good helping of gochujang, a Korean fermented chili paste. The Korean BBQ chicken turned out just as well as the beef version! I quite enjoyed the way the sweet marinade played with the heat and flavours of the gochujang and I could hardly resist snacking on the meat every time I passed it. I served the dak bulgogi with rice, kimchi and ssamjang (another spicy Korean paste) along with some lettuce leaves for wrapping. Although the meal was excellent, my craving was not satisfied, which was fine because as I said, I have a plan and I made a double batch of the dak bulgogi.

Dak Bulgogi (Korean BBQ Chicken)

(makes 4 servings)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
1 pound Chicken Breast (thinly sliced)
1/2 cup gochujang
5 cloves garlic (grated)
1 inch ginger (grated)
1 small onion (grated)
1 Asian pear (grated)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 green onions (chopped)
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon sesame seeds (toasted and crushed)

Directions:
1. Mix everything in a freezer bag and marinate for at least an hour.
2. Cook the meat on a barbecue or in a pan on the stove.

Tip: Place the chicken breasts in the freezer for an hour or two to stiffen them up a bit and they will be much easier to slice thinly.

Similar Recipes:
Pineapple Dak Bulgogi (Pineapple Korean BBQ Chicken)
Bulgogi (Korean BBQ Beef)
Daeji Bulgogi (Korean BBQ Pork)
Kalbi (Korean BBQ Short Ribs)
Salmon Bulgogi
Dakkochi (Korean Skewered Chicken)
Sweet Chili Chicken Rice Bowl

Use in:
Korean Spicy BBQ Chicken Tacos
Korean Spicy BBQ Chicken and Egg Burritos
Spicy BBQ Chicken Bibimbap

No comments:

Post a Comment