ADS

Korean Spicy BBQ Chicken Tacos

Korean Spicy BBQ Chicken Tacos


During the summer I found out about the Kogi taco trucks in California that serve Korean/Mexican fusion dishes that sound really tasty. Given that Korean and Mexican cuisines are both among my favorites I was immediatly intrigued and I since I figured that I would not be getting the chance to try out he Kogi trucks any time soon I decided to try reproducing one of their dishes at home. I started with their short rib tacos and came up with a recipe based on their description and photos. My version of the short rib tacos turned out so well that I vowed to try some more items from their menu! It was with this in mind that I made the dak bulgogi or spicy Korean BBQ chicken with the idea of using it as the meat in my version of the Kogi spicy chicken tacos. I had already reproduced the remaining ingredients in the chicken tacos including the Korean style salsa roja, the onion and cilantro relish, and the shredded lettuce in a Korean sesame vinaigrette so it came down to simply making those recipes once again and assembling the tacos along with the dak bulgogi. The chicken tacos turned out just as good as the beef ones, which is to say that I practically inhaled them. I really liked the way the gochujang on the chicken added even more heat to the chicken version of the tacos along with even more flavour. My favorite part of the tacos however had to be how well all of the fresh ingredients played with the spicy meat. Luckily I made a really big batch of the dak bulgogi and I have a bit more to play with!

Korean Spicy BBQ Chicken Tacos

(makes 4 servings)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
12 small tortillas
1 batch dak bulgogi (Korean BBQ chicken)
1 cup Korean style salsa roja
1 cup onion and cilantro relish
2 cups shredded lettuce in a Korean sesame vinaigrette
6 tablespoons sesame seeds (toasted and crushed)

Directions:
1. Assemble tacos as you like and enjoy.

Similar Recipes:
Korean Short Rib Tacos
Dak Bulgogi (Korean BBQ Chicken)
Korean Short Rib Burrito
Tacos
Korean Spicy BBQ Chicken and Egg Burritos

No comments:

Post a Comment