ADS

Pineapple Dak Bulgogi Tacos (Korean Spicy Pineapple BBQ Chicken Tacos)

Pineapple Dak Bulgogi Tacos (Korean Spicy Pineapple BBQ Chicken Tacos)

If you guessed that the first thing that I would use my new pineapple dak bulgogi in was tacos then you were right! The thing that started me down this road of Korean/Mexican fusion food was hearing about the Kogi taco trucks in California that serve up fusion food with the most famous being their tacos. Not being able to wait for the chance that I might visit California to sample the Kogi tacos I decided to try to recreate them myself and I enjoyed the results so much that I have been experimenting with Korean/Mexican fusion flavours since. With my new pineapple dak bulgogi in hand I could not resist trying it out in some tacos along with some spicy Korean style salsa roja, some fresh onion and cilantro relish and some tasty shredded romaine lettuce in a Korean sesame vinaigrette that are described as being used in the Kogi tacos. The pineapple version of the tacos were even better that the original with the sweet, tangy and juicy pineapple melding perfectly with the spicy Korean and Mexican flavours! Once again I am very pleased with how well adding fruit to a savoury dish can work!

Pineapple Dak Bulgogi Tacos (Korean Spicy Pineapple BBQ Chicken Tacos)

(makes 4 servings)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
12 small tortillas
1 batch pineapple dak bulgogi (Korean BBQ chicken)
1 cup Korean style salsa roja
1 cup onion and cilantro relish
2 cups shredded lettuce in a Korean sesame vinaigrette
6 tablespoons sesame seeds (toasted and crushed)

Directions:
1. Assemble tacos as you like and enjoy.

Similar Recipes:
Korean Spicy BBQ Chicken Tacos
Korean Short Rib Tacos
Tacos al Pastor
Pineapple Dak Bulgogi Sandwich (Korean Spicy Pineapple BBQ Chicken Sandwich)
Pineapple Dak Bulgogi Burrito (Korean Spicy Pineapple BBQ Chicken Burrito)
Pineapple Dak Bulgogi Quesadillas (Korean Spicy Pineapple BBQ Chicken Quesadillas)

No comments:

Post a Comment