ADS

Tuna Salad Sandwiches


Today, I’d like to share with you my recipe for Tuna Salad Sandwiches. Well, I usually try to avoid using canned meat or fish to prepare meals for my family. However, I made some exceptions for good quality canned tuna and sardines when it comes to sandwich fillings. I would ensure lots of diced fresh veggies are added to the flaked filling mixture to make it as healthy as possible. This version of my tuna salad sandwich recipe was concocted many years ago, back when I was a student living in NYC. Gosh, it’s been that long!! :-) Ever since, it’s been pretty popular with family and friends who have tasted it. So, I thought I would share it with you, if you like tuna salad sandwiches. Have a go at my easy recipe and tell me what you think! Enjoy.


Tuna Salad Sandwiches
(Printable Recipe)

Ingredients

1 Loaf of Slice Sandwich Bread
Green Leaf Lettuce, washed and dried

Tuna Salad
2 Can (142g/5 oz each) Solid White Tuna In Water, drained and flaked
½ of Small Red Onion, finely diced
1 Red Chili, finely chopped
½ of Red Bell Pepper, finely diced
½ of Green Bell Pepper, finely diced
1 Ripe Tomato, seeded and diced
1 Big Juicy Lemon, juiced or to taste
5 Tbsp Mayonnaise
Sea Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper

Method

In a large bowl, combine the tuna, onion, chili, peppers, tomato, lemon juice, mayonnaise, and season with salt and pepper. Let the tuna salad rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.

To serve, lay a piece of green lettuce on the bread and spread some tuna salad over it. Top with another piece of bread. Serve immediately with some fries or chips.

Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment