ADS

Chicken Satay Salad in Spicy Peanut Dressing

Thai Grilled Chicken Satay Salad

With the cold dreary winter days that we have been having lately I have been craving the taste of summer and what better than a grilled chicken salad? This salad had been on my mind for a while now and I had been saving it for the summer but I decided to indulge a bit and make it now. The basic idea was a satay style marinated grilled chicken on a green salad. I kept the salad simple with a base of romaine lettuce, creamy avocado, cucumbers and some green onions. Normally I like to serve chicken satay with a spicy peanut dipping sauce but for a salad I decided to turn that into a spicy peanut dressing. The peanut sauce is a bit on the thicker side so I needed to add some liquids to thin it out a bit and I went with some Thai inspired ingredients including coconut milk, lime juice and fish sauce. I then added even more spiciness in the form of a few birds eye chillies and I balanced things out with a touch of sugar.

Read the recipe »

No comments:

Post a Comment