ADS

Gorgonzola Garlic Bread

Gorgonzola Garlic Bread

While I was mulling over the roasted pumpkin, pancetta and sage soup recipe I kept thinking about how well sweet roasted pumpkin goes with creamy and tangy blue cheese. The soup was already packed with flavour and certainly did not need any more but I still wanted to include some blue cheese in the meal. I often enjoy serving garlic bread with soups and you really cannot go wrong topping garlic bread with cheese so I was thinking that a blue cheese garlic bread would go perfectly with the pumpkin soup! For this garlic bread I went with a gorgonzola dolce which is a milder, young blue cheese that is soft and creamy. After leaving it out on the counter to come up to room temperature it was really easy to cream it into the garlic butter to spread all over some unsuspecting bread before popping it into the over to broil until nice and golden brown and bubbling and good! I have to say that this blue cheese garlic bread is pretty amazing stuff and it went so well with the roasted pumpkin, pancetta and sage soup! I can easily see serving this version of garlic bread with a lot of different dishes.

Read the recipe »

No comments:

Post a Comment