ADS

Asagohan (Breakfast)

Asagohan (Breakfast)

I was going through some of my photos and I came across this one that I had forgotten to post about. This is my typical work day breakfast (asagohan). It is a fairly traditional Japanese style of breakfast. It consists of green tea, umeboshi (a pickled plum), some yogurt, miso soup and nattou (fermented soy beans) on rice. The breakfast may look a bit large but I normally eat breakfast at about 6:30am and I normally have lunch at 12:30 so the breakfast needs to hold me over for a while.

Given that I eat this type of breakfast five days a week, I am constantly trying different types of miso soup. With summer here, there are a lot of fresh vegetables to use in miso soups. Here a few of the miso soups that I have been eating lately:
Asparagus and Aburage Miso Soup
Butternut Squash and Wakame Miso Soup
Corn and Milk Miso Soup
Kabocha and Spinach Miso Soup
Oven Roasted Eggplant and Mushroom Miso Soup
Shimeji and Aburage Miso Soup
Shitake and Spinach Miso Soup
Tofu and Sesame Miso Soup
Tofu and Wakame Miso Soup
Tomato and Shiitake Miso Soup
Zucchini and Onion Miso Soup

With so many fresh fruits and berries around I have been having plain yogurt with fruits and berries. Recently I have been enjoying the fresh local blueberries for in my yogurt for breakfast.

A Shot of the sticky nattou:
Nattou

Take a look at the Weekend Breakfast Blogging roundup at A Fridge Full of Food.

No comments:

Post a Comment