ADS

Grilled Eggplant and Goats Cheese Tower

Grilled Eggplant and Goats Cheese Tower

It is getting near the end of the week and I was looking into cleaning out my fridge. Among other things I had a half an aubergine, a half of a roasted red pepper, some marinara sauce and some goats cheese. I remembered seeing a photo of some stacked eggplant slices and decided to make an eggplant tower. I really like grilled eggplant so I grilled the eggplant slices first. It turned out pretty good though it was a bit light. The eggplant that I had was rather small and there was not enough left for a second so I added a salad to complete the meal.

Ingredients:
2 slices of eggplant (1/2 inch thick)
2 ounces goats cheese
1 roasted red pepper (chopped)
1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
1 cup marinara sauce

Directions:
1. Broil the eggplant slices until golden brown, about 7 minutes per side.
2. Mix the goats cheese, roaster red pepper and parsley.
3. Place the marinara sauce on the bottom of a baking pan.
4. Place one slice of eggplant on the marinara sauce.
5. Place half of the goats cheese mixture on top of the eggplant.
6. Place the other slice of eggplant on the goats cheese mixture.
7. Top with the remaining goats cheese mixture.
8. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 10-15 minutes.

Note: You can broil a fresh red pepper at the same time as the eggplant if you do not have roasted red pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment