ADS

Pepper Sauce

Pepper Sauce

The other day I was watching Jamie at Home on the Food Network and he did some kind of pepper dish. I am not really sure what it is so I will just call it a pepper sauce. It sounded pretty interesting with roasted red peppers, chili's, onions, balsamic vinegar and brown sugar. I could not find any red chili peppers so I used jalapeno peppers. It was pretty interesting. It was a bit sweet, hot and flavourful.

Ingredients:
1 red onion (sliced)
2 roasted red peppers (chopped)
4 roasted jalapeno peppers (chopped)
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 bay leaf
1 sprig rosemary
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon brown sugar
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Caramelize the onions.
2. Toss everything into the pan and simmer for 30 minutes or until it thickens.
3. Remove the bay leaf and the rosemary.

No comments:

Post a Comment