ADS

Chicken and Mango Curry

Chicken and Mango Curry

They had some really nice looking mango's on sale at the grocery store on the weekend. I had been enjoying them as snacks all week but I realized that I would not be able to finish them soon enough. I needed to use them quicker. I had just tried some mango chutney and really liked it so I thought that a mango curry would be interesting. This is a variation of my standard curry recipe. (I forgot to pickup some plain yogurt and ended up using the peach yogurt that I had on hand.) It turned out a little too sweet but pretty good. The heat from the peppers and the curry spice helped to balance out the sweetness.

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon oil
1 pound chicken (cut into bite sized pieces)
2 tablespoons butter
1 onion (chopped)
1 red bell pepper (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 thumb ginger (grated)
1 jalapeno pepper (chopped)
1 green chili pepper (chopped)
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 tomato (chopped)
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 mango (pureed)
3 tablespoons yogurt
1 mango (diced)
1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)

Directions:
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Brown the chicken and set aside.
3. Melt the butter in the same pan.
4. Add the onions and red pepper and cook until the onions are translucent.
5. Add the garlic, ginger and Jalapeno pepper, green chili pepper and flour and stir.
6. Add the curry powder and let cook for a few minutes.
7. Add the tomato, chicken stock, pureed mango and yogurt and bring to a boil and simmer for a few minutes.
8. Add the mango and cilantro and remove from the heat.

Similar Recipes:
Curried Mango Bread

More Mango Recipes

Take a look at the Weekend Herb Blogging roundup at Kalyns Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment