ADS

Matcha and White Chocolate Ice Cream

Matcha and White Chocolate Ice Cream

I have been seeing a lot of amazing looking home made ice cream recipes on a lot of of blogs lately. When I saw this one made with two of my favorite flavours, matctha and white chocolate, I was no longer able to hold off getting an ice cream maker. I was lucky and found the Cuisinart ICE-20C on sale with an extra freezer bowl.

I halved the recipe size and only melted half of the chocolate adding the other half as chocolate chunks. I used a Green and Blacks White Chocolate bar. I followed the recipe and tried microwaving the chocolate in 30 second intervals but the chocolate burned and turned granular after the second go. Luckily I had another bar and I was able to melt the chocolate in a double boiler. I was not able to get the matcha to mix in completely and the ice cream ended up with dark green flecks.

The ice cream came out of the ice cream maker at the perfect consistency to eat right away. But waiting even a few moments to pull out my camera gave the ice cream time to melt enough to leave a large puddle under it. I loved the texture of the ice cream just out of the ice cream maker. It was cold enough to be ice cream but warm enough to easily melt in your mouth.

I placed the remaining ice cream in the freezer. The next time that I had some of the ice cream it was solid enough to hold together while I played around with the camera. The chocolate chunks were cold enough that they were a bit difficult to chew.

Overall the "Matcha and White Chocolate with White Chocolate Chunks" tasted amazing!! A great new matcha and white chocolate recipe for my collection and a great start to home made ice cream.

Ingredients:
3/4 cups heavy cream
3/4 cups milk
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 pinch salt
2 large egg yolks
3.5 oz white chocolate (finely chopped)
1 tablespoons matcha powder (sifted)

Directions:
1. In a small sauce pan bring the cream, milk, sugar and salt to a simmer over low heat, stirring constantly.
2. While whisking eggs, pour about 1/4 cup of the hot cream mixture in a thin, steady stream in the bowl of eggs. (This should temper the eggs.)
3. Pour the tempered eggs in saucepan with the hot cream mixture, in a thin, steady stream while whisking the hot cream.
4. Cook over low heat, constantly stirring, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon, about 5 minutes. (Do not let this mixture boil.)
5. Pour this mixture through a strainer.
6. Melt a little more than half of the chocolate in a double boiler.
7. Sift the matcha into the chocolate and mix well with a whisk.
8. Add the white chocolate to the cream and mix well.
9. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator.
10. Mix in the remaining chocolate chunks.
11. Freeze according to the instructions for your ice cream machine.

Similar Recipes:
Green Tea Macarons
Green Tea and White Chocolate Opera Cake
Green Tea White Chocolate Mascarpone Brownies with Chocolate Ganache Frosting

No comments:

Post a Comment