ADS

Greek Panzanella Salad

Greek Panzanella Salad

I have been meaning to try a panzanella salad for a while but I never seem to have the old crusty bread when I think about it. A panzanella salad is a salad that includes bread that is typically old and crusty. I had a Greek salad earlier in the week and I still had all of the ingredients on hand. I thought that a Greek panzanella salad would be pretty good. The bread was pretty stale and I wanted it to soften up a bit so I threw it in a bowl and mixed in the tomato so that the bread absorbed all of the tomatoes juice. The salad turned out pretty good. The bread really soaked up the dressing and ended up being pretty flavourful. I will definitely be thinking of a panzanella salad the next time I have some bread that is getting stale.

Ingredients:
1 cup crusty old bread (broken into bite sized pieces)
1 tomato (diced)
1/2 cucumber (chopped)
1 tablespoon red onion (sliced)
1 handful sun dried black olives
1 tablespoon feta cheese (crumbled)
1/2 tablespoon olive oil (I used the oil from the sun dried black olives package)
1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar (or lemon juice)
1 dash oregano
1 teaspoon parsley (chopped)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Mix the bread and tomato in a bowl with your hands to get the bread to absorb the tomato juice.
2. Add the cucumber, red onion and olives.
2. Top with the crumbled feta.
3. Mix the oil, vinegar, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper and pour on the salad.

Similar Recipes:
Horiatiki Salata (Greek Salad)
Greek Couscous Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment