ADS

Strawberries with Mascarpone and Honey

Strawberries with Mascarpone and Honey

I normally spend all of Saturday morning running around doing errands. I go the the farmers market, then to the grocery store, then to whatever else needs to be done. I tend to walk when doing all of these errands. It is good exercise but by the time I am done I usually just feel like sitting down and relaxing for a while. Which is the perfect time to enjoy some of the bounty that I got from the market. I picked up some strawberries at the market this morning. They are late season strawberries and they are not nearly as sweet as the in season ones so they need a bit of help. I had some mascarpone cheese in the fridge which is an excellent replacement for whipped cream. Just mix some sweetener like honey or maple syrup or sugar into the mascarpone and place it on top of some fruit and you had a tasty treat. And it take a lot less effort to mix up the mascarpone than it does to hand whip whipped cream with a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment