ADS

Peach Salad with Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette

Peach Salad with Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette

Tonight was a night for leftovers and cleaning out the fridge. I finished up the last of the tomato sauce from the beginning of the week on pasta. I also had some peaches that needed to be finished off and I though that I would try putting one in a salad. The salad ended up a bit bare as there was not much in the fridge but it tasted good regardless. Sometimes simple is best. I got to try a new salad dressing, a maple balsamic vinaigrette.

I have only recently started making my own salad dressings. It is pretty easy to make your own dressings. The basic components of a dressing are oil and vinegar. There are many types of both oil and vinegar and you can use different combinations of them to make different flavours of dressings. You can also add other ingredients to salad dressings: sweeteners like honey, heat from chilis, herbs, garlic, roasted red peppers, pureed raspberries, etc. There are so many different dressings just waiting to be discovered.

I look forward to further experimentation with salad dressings. Though I will also have to learn how to decide which ingredients go well together in the dressing and which dressing go with which salads.

Ingredients:
1 serving salad greens
1 peach (sliced)
1 tablespoon pecans (chopped)
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Assemble salad.
2. Mix the oil, vinegar, maple syrup, dijon mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl.
3. Pour the dressing on the salad.

Similar Recipes:
Shrimp and Blueberry Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment