ADS

Basil Pesto on Penne

Basil Pesto on Penne

I normally get my herbs at the grocery store but this weekend they were out of cilantro. Luckily I was going to the farmers market next and I thought I would look there. While I was there I saw some amazing looking basil. Normally the basil that I get at the grocery store comes in a little package where there are only about 15 leaves. This basil came in really big bunches, it looked amazing and was really fragrant. I immediately picked some up with thoughts of basil pesto running through my head. This basil was much better than the basil that I am used to getting. The basil pesto was the best that I have made so far. I think that I will be getting my herbs from the farmers market more often.

Ingredients:
1 cup fresh basil pesto
1 pound pasta

Directions:
1. Cook the pasta as directed on the package reserving 1/4 cup of the water that it was cooked in.
2. Toss the pasta in the pesto and reserved pasta water to coat.

Similar Recipes:
Pistachio Pesto
Garlic Scape Pesto on Fusilli with Garlic Scape Garlic Bread
Meyer Lemon Pesto and Feta Pasta with Shrimp
Zucchini Pistou Pasta
Sundried Tomato Pesto

Basil

Take a look at the Presto Pasta Nights roundup at Once Upon a Feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment