ADS

Blackberry Salad with Blackberry Vinaigrette

Blackberry Salad with Blackberry Vinaigrette

Raspberry vinaigrette is one of my favorite salad dressings. When I came across this post with a home made blackberry vinaigrette I bookmarked it to try later. I remembered this salad when I saw the blackberries at the farmers market on the weekend. I just used the salad greens that I had on hand and some prosciutto and goats cheese that were in the fridge. This made for a tasty and summery salad. I really enjoyed the blackberry vinaigrette.

In general I have liked making my own salad dressing this summer. They are fresh and I know exactly what is in them. I can make them exactly as I like modifying them each time until they are just right. One of the biggest benefits is that I can make the dressing in individual servings. This way I can make a different dressing the next day and not have to finish an entire bottle before moving on to a new dressing.

Ingredients:
1 serving lettuce greens
3 slices prosciutto (torn)
1 ounce goats cheese (crumbled)
1 handful blackberries
3 blackberries
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Assemble the salad with the lettuce, prosciutto, goats cheese and blackberries.
2. Mash the blackberries in a small bowl and remove any large chunks.
3. Mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey into the mashed blackberries.
4. Pour the dressing onto the salad and top with salt and pepper to taste.

Similar Recipes:
Strawberry and Feta Salad
Spinach and Strawberry Salad with Butter Toasted Almonds
Melon Salad with Prosciutto and Goats Cheese
Pear and Maple Pecan Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment