ADS

Chicken Stuffed with Figs, Prosciutto and Gorgonzola

Chicken Stuffed with Figs, Prosciutto and Gorgonzola

I was recently introduced to figs and I really enjoyed them. I was looking for some fig recipes and I kept coming across the combinations of figs, cheese and prosciutto. I also saw a recipe for chicken stuffed with figs. I thought Chicken Cordon Blue! Except with figs and gorgonzola cheese wrapped in prosciutto and chicken. It sounded pretty good.

Sometimes things just don't work out as you would like them to. I though I had some eggs in my fridge but it turned out that I did not. I had wanted to dip the rolled up chicken in egg and panko and fry it in oil until it was golden brown. But without the egg I ended up just baking the rolled up chicken with some panko crumbs sprinkled on top. It still turned out pretty good. Figs, prosciutto and warm gooey melted gorgonzola cheese is a great combination of flavours. I am sure that a crisp golden brown panko exterior would have made it even better. I will have to see if I can work this dish into my meal plan again while I can still get fresh figs.

Note: I have written the recipe as I intended to try it. I ended up just baking the rolled up chicken in the oven for 30-35 minutes rather than frying it and then baking it.

Ingredients:
1 chicken breast (rolled or pounded thin)
salt and pepper to taste
1 slice prosciutto
1 fig (cut in half)
some gorgonzola cheese
1 tablespoon flour
1 egg (beaten)
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
2 tablespoons oil

Directions:
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Place the slice of prosciutto on the flattened chicken.
3. Place the fig and gorgonzola cheese on one end of the chicken and roll the chicken up.
4. Lightly flour the outside on the rolled up chicken.
5. Dip the chicken in the egg followed by the panko bread crumbs.
6. Heat the oil in a pan.
7. Cook the chicken in the oil until it is golden brown on all sides.
8. Cook the chicken in a pre-heated 350F oven for 20 minutes.

Similar Recipes:
Fig and Gorgonzola Crostini with Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment