ADS

Corn Fritters

Corn Fritters with Salsa

I have really been enjoying the fresh local corn. I have mostly been eating it off the cob with salt and butter, which is great, but now I was looking for something different. I recalled seeing Michael Smith on Chef at Home on the Food Network making these corn fritters that looked pretty good. Since corn was not in season at the time I had bookmarked the recipe to try later. His recipe had cheese and there was maple butter, but I was thinking more Mexican. I dropped the cheese and maple butter and added some cumin, cilantro and lime and then topped them with some salsa. They were really easy to make and pretty tasty. I liked the slightly crunchy texture that the cornmeal gave them. I was thinking that it would have been nice if I had some sour cream at the time.

Ingredients:
2 cups of corn
1/4 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon cumin
1 egg
1 green onion (chopped)
1 handful cilantro (chopped)
1 tablespoon lime juice
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons oil

Directions:
1. Cut the corn kernels from the cobs of corn.
2. Mix the corn, corn meal, flour, cumin, egg, green onion, cilantro, lime juice in a large bowl. If the mixture is too dry add some water.
3. Heat the oil in a pan.
4. Spoon the corn mixture into the pan to form patties and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side.

Similar Recipes:
Thai Style Corn Fritters with Sweet Chilli Sauce
Zucchini Fritters
Greek Zucchini Fritters with Tzatziki
Kimchi Jun (Kimchi Pancake)
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)

No comments:

Post a Comment