ADS

Fig Crostini with Prosciutto and Mascarpone

Fig Crostini with Prosciutto and Mascarpone

Since I discovered figs the other week I have been having a lot of them. It seems that I am a bit behind in posting about them. I had bookmarked this recipe for "Mascarpone, Fig and Proscuitto Bruschetta" a while ago. I thought that I would try it with fresh figs as that is what I had. Although the fresh figs did not stay on the top very well they tasted pretty good. Figs and prosciutto go well together. I placed the mascarpone cheese on the baguette slices as soon as they came out of the oven and at them while they were still warm The mascarpone cheese was nice and warm and semi-melted which added a nice texture.

Ingredients:
baguette (sliced)
mascarpone cheese
prosciutto
figs (sliced)

Directions:
1. Lightly toast the baguette.
2. Spread some mascarpone cheese on the toasted baguette.
3. Top with a slice of prosciutto and halt a fig.

Similar Recipes:
Fig and Prosciutto Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Fig and Gorgonzola Crostini with Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment