ADS

Maccheroni Calabrese alla Oven Dried Tomato Pesto

Maccheroni Calabrese alla Oven Dried Tomato Pesto

Sun dried tomato pesto is one of my favorite pesto's. Having just oven dried my own tomatoes I had to try making the pesto with them. I used the same recipe that I always do replacing the sun dried tomatoes with the oven dried tomatoes. The pesto turned out pretty good. The oven dried tomatoes gave the pesto a really nice concentrated tomato flavour.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup oven dried tomatoes (or sun dried tomatoes)
2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves (optional)
1 clove garlic (chopped)
2 tablespoons pine nuts (toasted)
1/4 cup parmigiano-reggiano (grated)
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Place everything into a food processor and blend.

Similar recipes:
Sundried Tomato Pesto

Take a look at the Presto Pasta Nights roundup at Once Upon a Feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment