ADS

Peach and Blueberry Cobbler

Peach and Blueberry Cobbler

The last few days have been cool enough for a jacket. That reminded me that there were a few things that I still wanted to do with the peaches and other summer fruits and vegetables before they are gone. This recipe for peach and blueberry cobbler has been in my to try list for a while now. I needed to make it soon or loose my chance. I had used a rolled oat topping for the Strawberry and Rhubarb Crumble so I wanted to go with something different this time. I ended up going with a buttermilk biscuit crust though instead of making the biscuits I just crumbled the dough on top. It was really good, especially with some vanilla ice cream. Peaches and blueberries are a great combination.

Ingredients:
4-6 large peaches (pealed and sliced)
1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter (grated)
6 tablespoons buttermilk

Directions:
1. Mix the peaches, blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and cinnamon in a bowl.
2. Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
3. Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
4. Mix in the butter with your hands until grainy.
5. Mix in the buttermilk until everything is moist.
6. Crumble the mixture on top of the peaches.
7. Bake in a preheated 375F oven for about 45 minutes.

Note: You could knead the dough and shape it into biscuits rather than just crumbling it.

Take a look at the In The Bag roundup at Real Epicurean.
Peach Amaretti Crumble

No comments:

Post a Comment