ADS

Zucchini Fritters

Zucchini Fritters with Salsa and Sour Cream

I normally do my meal planning for the week on Fridays. I find that it is always a good idea to leave the last day, Friday, unplanned because very often things don't go as planned. It is a good chance to clean out the fridge so that it can be filled again Saturday morning. This morning I had some zucchinis in the fridge that I did not get to during the week. Given the success of the corn fritter last week I though I would try zucchini fritters. They turned out pretty good. The outsides were crispy and golden brown and the insides were moist and green. Once again I decided to top the fritters with salsa and this time I also had some sour cream in the fridge. Salsa is quickly becoming one of my favorite condiments.

Zucchini Fritters

(makes 2 servings)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
1 small zucchini (grated)
1/2 cup flour
1 egg
1 green onion (chopped)
1 tablespoon cilantro (chopped, or parsley)
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons oil

Directions:
1. Mix the zucchini, flour, egg, green onions, cilantro, salt and pepper in a bowl.
2. Heat the oil in a pan.
3. Spoon the zucchini mixture into the pan and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side.

Similar Recipes:
Greek Zucchini Fritters with Tzatziki
Corn Fritters
Eggplant Croquettes
Curry Eggplant Croquettes with Mango Chutney
Maryland Crab Cakes
Kimchi Jun (Kimchi Pancake)
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Thai Curried Zucchini Fritters with Spicy Peanut Sauce
Okonomiyaki, Hiroshima Style

No comments:

Post a Comment