ADS

Cod Salad with Sesame Dressing

Cod Salad with Sesame Dressing

I tend to run around doing errands on Saturday mornings so I like to keep lunches simple. Fairly often it ends up being a salad. Recently I have been trying to eat more sea food and when I came across a recipe for for a white fish salad with sesame dressing by Harumi Kurihara in Harumi's Japanese Cooking I had found my next Saturday lunch. This salad ended up being really tasty and full of sesame flavour. The warm and slightly crisp fish added a nice contrast in to the salad.

Ingredients:
2 ounces white fish (cod, haddock, etc.)
salt and pepper
1 teaspoon oil
1 clove garlic (crushed)
1/2 tablespoon tahini
1 teaspoon sesame seeds (toasted)
1 teaspoon miso
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon soy
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon mirin
a touch of heat (I used a couple drops of chili oil)
1 serving salad greens
1 tomato (sliced)
1 green onion (chopped)

Directions:
1. Season the fish with the salt and pepper.
2. Heat the oil and garlic in a pan.
3. Add the fish and sear on both sides.
4. Mix the tahini, sesame seeds, miso, sugar, soy, vinegar, mirin and chili oil in a small bowl.
5. Assemble the salad.

Similar Recipes:
Maple and Miso Scallops
Salad with Sauteed Scallops in Miso Sauce
Warm Mushroom, Sun Dried Tomatoes and Goat Cheese Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment