ADS

Involtini di Melanzane (Eggplant Rolls)

Involtini di Melanzane


I was looking for a recipe to use up some eggplant that I had when I came across this recipe for eggplant rolls. I had some pancetta that needed to be used so I swapped the ham out for the pancetta. I also had some marinara sauce in the freezer and I thought that that would go well on top. (It is alway good to have some marinara sauce in the freezer. You never know when it will come in handy.) It turned out that I only had 8 slices of pancetta so I did not get to make very many rolls. Certainly not enough to fill the whole baking dish. They were pretty good though; really tasty.

Ingredients:
1 eggplant (sliced thinly lengthwise)
1 slice pancetta per roll
1 leaf basil per roll
1 cube mozzarella per roll
1 cup marinara sauce

Directions:
1. Broil the eggplant slices for about 5 minutes per side.
2. Lay the eggplant slice out, top with a slice of pancetta, a basil leaf and a cube of mozzarella.
3. Roll the eggplant up and place it in a baking dish.
4. Top the eggplant rolls with the marinara sauce.
5. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for about 20-30 minutes.

Similar Recipes:
Cucumber and Feta Rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment