ADS

Greek Lamb Burger

Greek Lamb Burger


It has been a while since I have made burgers. I have not been making them all that often because I saw them as boring. Lately I have been seeing some interesting varieties of burgers on food blogs. I realized that a burger is just a way of cooking ground meat and that you can flavour the burger any way you want. I was thinking taco spiced burgers, or a teriyaki salmon burgers, or etc....

I thought that I would start with a Greek flavoured lamb burger. I picked up some ground lamb at the market and I mixed it up with some Greek flavours including some oregano, lemon and fresh dill and mint. I then topped the burgers with some creamy homemade tzatziki, some crumbled feta along with the more common lettuce, tomato and red onions. The Greek lamb burgers turned out pretty good! The burger patty itself was nice and moist and juicy and tasty! The lamb meat had a fairly strong flavour and aroma and the fresh dill and mint went really well in it. I imagine that you could easily eat these 'burgers' in pitas to change this up a bit. I am now looking forward to experimenting with more interesting burgers.

Ingredients:
1 pound lamb (ground)
1 small onion (finely chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon dill (chopped)
1 tablespoon mint (chopped)
1 teaspoon lemon zest
salt and pepper to taste
4 buns (I used whole wheat, or pitas)
lettuce
tomatoes (slices)
tzatziki
feta (crumbled)

Directions:
1. Mix the lamb, onion, garlic, oregano, dill, mint, lemon zest, salt and pepper in a bowl.
2. Form Patties with the mixture.
3. Grill, broil or pan fry the patties.
4. Assemble burgers.

Similar Recipes:
Moussaka Burgers
Thai Peanut Turkey Burger
Curried Chicken Burger
Salsa Verde Turkey Burger
Bulgogi Burgers
Lamb and Mint Meatballs with Farro Risotto and Cilantro Pesto
Greek Style Pulled Lamb Pitas
Biftekia Gemista (Feta Stuffed Burgers)
Lamb Meatballs in Minted Tomato Sauce
Spinach and Feta Chicken Burgers (aka Spanakopita Burgers) with Grilled Halloumi, Roasted Red Peppers and a Spinach and Feta Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment