ADS

Spicy Shrimp on Coconut Rice

Spicy Shrimp on Coconut Rice


Since I (recently) discovered that I really like shrimp (prawns) I have been trying to include them in my meal plan more often. The other day I came across this recipe for spicy shrimp on coconut rice. The recipe sounded pretty tasty and it included coconut milk which I have been meaning to try cooking with for a while now. The dish was pretty tasty, though I think I went a bit overboard with the jalapeno peppers. I liked the coconut in both the shrimp and on the rice. I look forward to experimenting with coconut milk more.

Ingredients:
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deviened
3 cloves garlic (chopped)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup warm water
1 jalapeno pepper (sliced thinly)
1 lime (juice)
1 teaspoon oil
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon chili sauce (such as sambal oelek)
1 handful cilantro (chopped)
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 serving long grained rice (cooked)

Directions:
1. Mix the garlic, salt and water.
2. Marinate the shrimp in the water for about 10 minutes.
3. Drain the water from the shrimp retaining the garlic.
4. Add the jalapeno pepper and lime juice to the shrimp.
5. Heat the oil in a pan.
6. Add the shrimp and saute until cooked, about 1 minutes per side.
7. Add the coconut milk and chili sauce and cook for 30 more seconds.
8. Remove from heat and mix in the cilantro.
9. Mix the coconut milk into the rice.
10. Pour the shrimp onto the rice and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment