ADS

Buttermilk Biscuits with Cheddar and Dill

Buttermilk Biscuits with Cheddar and Dill


I am glad that I have some leftover soup to eat tonight. It is about 8pm and I just got back from the dentist. I had 2 filling removed and redone. My mouth is still numb all over. Eating should be interesting.

I have been wanting to make biscuits for a while now. I have seen a lot of great posts on biscuits and I decided to use this one for buttermilk biscuits as my base. I made these the other day to go with the Cauliflower and White Cheddar Soup with Dill soup. Since I had the white cheddar cheese and the dill on hand, I decided to add them to the biscuits. They turned out really good! The cheese and dill worked well with the biscuit. I really enjoyed the aroma in the kitchen when I made them. There are so many different things that you can do with biscuits. I think I will be making biscuits again in the near future.

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup cake flour
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cups butter (grated)
2/3 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons dill (chopped)

Directions:
1. Mix the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
2. Mix in the butter and work with your fingers until it resembles course crumbs.
3. Mix in the cheddar cheese.
4. Add the butter milk and dill and mix until the dough forms a ball.
5. Knead the dough dough on a floured surface until it is nicely blended.
6. Pat the dough down until it is about an inch thick.
7. Cut the biscuits out of the dough and place on a baking sheet.
8. Bake the biscuits in a preheated 500F oven until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.

Similar Recipes:
Dill Biscuits with Smoked Salmon, Watercress and a Creamy Dill Spread

No comments:

Post a Comment