ADS

Cranberry, Orange and Pistachio Biscotti

Cranberry, Orange and Pistachio Biscotti


There are only 10 days left until Christmas and I had wanted to do some holiday baking. Since I have never baked for the holidays before I though that I would try some new things. I saw this post about holiday biscotti the other day. I do not remember ever having biscotti before so I though it would be nice to try it. I had also recently just discovered pistachio nuts and I thought it would be nice to bake with them. The red of the dried cranberries and the green of the pistachios make these biscotti fit in well for the holidays. They were pretty easy to make. I tried eating a slice after the first baking and they were pretty good, After the second baking they were really hard and difficult to chew. The biscotti was really nice when dipped in some warm hot chocolate to soften it up a bit. Next time I might have to dip these into some white chocolate.

Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup pistachios
6 tablespoons sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 tablespoon grated orange zest

Directions:
1. Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, cranberries and pistachios in a bowl.
2. Mix the sugar, egg, vanilla and orange zest in another bowl.
3. Mix the dry and wet ingredients until they come together.
4. Form the dough into a rough oval about 8 inches by 3 inches on parchment paper. Note: The dough will be very sticky but you will be able to shape it.
5. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 30 minutes.
6. Cut it into 1/2 inch slices.
7. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes per side at 325F.

Similar Recipes:
Chocolate and Pistachio Biscotti
Cranberry, Pistachio and White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Cranberry and Pistachio Biscotti Dipped in White Chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment