ADS

Cauliflower and White Cheddar Soup with Dill

Cauliflower and White Cheddar Soup with Dill


It seems that I have made a few soups recently and I suppose with the colder weather it fits. I have been seeing local cauliflower at the farmers market for a while now and I kept meaning to pick some up but I could not think of anything to do with it. I recently remembered that my mom used to make a really nice cauliflower and cheddar cheese soup and I though that would be a good start to using cauliflower. The cauliflower soup that my mom made was always really orange and I tend to think of it more as a cheese soup. I wanted this soup to make me think more of the cauliflower than the cheese so I went with a white cheddar cheese so that the soup would keep the white colour of the cauliflower. Since I started blogging I have been using more and more herbs. It has gotten to the point where I sometimes find myself thinking that a dish is not complete without an herb. Dill is one of my favorite herbs and I really like the combination of cheddar cheese and dill so I decided to add some dill to the soup. The soup was pretty good! The soup was nice and cheesy and dilly. I left the soup a bit thicker than most soups so that I would get more of the texture of the cauliflower. Note: Use a really sharp cheese so that you do not have to use a lot of it. Add the Cheddar cheese a bit at a time until you get it to where you want it.

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon oil
1 onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
2 1/2 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth or chicken stock
1/2 cup milk
1 small potato (cubed)
1 head cauliflower (separated into florets)
4 ounces white cheddar cheese (grated)
2 tablespoons dill (chopped)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Heat the oil in a large sauce pan.
2. Add the onions and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Add the chicken stock, milk, potato and cauliflower and bring to a boil.
5. Cover and simmer until the cauliflower is tender, about 30 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat and use an immersion blender to puree the soup.
7. Add the cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
8. Add the dill and stir.

Similar Recipes:
Roasted Cauliflower and Red Pepper Soup
Carrot Soup with Dill Pesto
Broccoli Soup
Creamy Mushroom and Roasted Cauliflower Soup
Cauliflower Soup

Does this soup look tasty? Check out the Closet Cooking Soup Cookbook Tasty Soups!

No comments:

Post a Comment