ADS

Swordfish with Amandine Sauce

Swordfish with Amandine Sauce


When I saw this recipe for swordfish with amandine sauce I knew that I was going to have to try it. I had been wanting to try swordfish for a while and the sauce sounded really tasty. I bookmarked it right away but I could not find the lemongrass anywhere. I wasn't really sure if I could just substitute lemon zest for the lemongrass. I wanted to try the recipe with the lemongrass so it stayed in my to try list for a while. I recently found some lemongrass and I placed this dish onto my meal plan. This dish was really good! The lemon grass was pretty interesting and I really enjoyed the swordfish. The amandine sauce was really amazing! What a great combination of flavours and textures. I will definitely be making the amandine sauce again. I will also be looking for more dishes with swordfish to try.

Ingredients:
1 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons mirin
1 stalk lemongrass (peeled, 2 inches of bottom, chopped)
1 chili (chopped, I used a chile de arbol)
1 teaspoon ginger (grated)
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon almond oil
2 shallots
1/4 cup almond slices (toasted in butter)
2 green onions (sliced)
salt and pepper to taste
2 swordfish steaks
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon cilantro (chopped)
1 tablespoon sesame seeds (toasted)

Directions:
1. Bring the orange juice, mirin, lemongrass, chili and ginger to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and simmer until reduced by about half. It should have the consistency of a light syrup now.
3. Strain the solid from the orange glaze.
4. Heat the sesame and almond oils in a pan.
5. Add the shallots and saute until tender.
6. Add the almond slices, green onions, 2 tablespoons of the orange glaze, salt and pepper and keep warm.
7. Season the swordfish with salt and pepper.
8. Heat the oil in a clean pan.
9. Add the swordfish and sear for 3-4 minutes. Baste the swordfish with some of the orange glaze and flip. Baste the other side of the swordfish with some of the orange glaze and sear for 3-4 minutes.
10. Place the swordfish on a plate. Mix the cilantro into the amandine sauce and pour on top of the swordfish. Pour any remaining orange glaze on and top with toasted sesame seeds.

Similar Recipes:
Halibut with Lemon, Butter, Caper and Dill Sauce
Swordfish Steak with Mango Chutney on Curried Lentils

No comments:

Post a Comment