ADS

Strawberry Cheesecake Crepes

Strawberry Cheesecake Crepes

The farmers market was flooded with fresh local strawberries this weekend and I picked up a bunch of them. I just couldn't pass up on making a decadent strawberry breakfast and I thought that strawberry crepes would be great. Cheesecake had been on my mind and I was thinking that using a cheesecake like filling would be a great idea. For the cheesecake like filling I folded cream cheese into whipped cream. I still had some of the strawberry jam that I made last year and I decided to add some of that for even more strawberry flavour. The strawberry cheesecake crepes were really good. They were nice and fresh and cool and sweet and full of strawberry flavour. I enjoyed the taste and texture of the cream cheese and whipped cream filling. The crepes were a perfect Sunday breakfast.

Ingredients:
1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
1/4 cup icing sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 batch crepes
4 tablespoons strawberry jam
2 cups strawberries (sliced)

Directions:
1. Mix the cream cheese, icing sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla in a bowl.
2. Whip the heavy cream and fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
3. Spread 1 table spoon strawberry jam onto a crepe.
4. Add 1/4 cup of the cream cheese mixture and some strawberries in the crepe, roll and serve.

Similar Recipes:
Strawberry and Mascarpone Crepes with Strawberry Syrup
Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Strawberry and Nutella Crepes
Strawberry Shortcake
Strawberry Pavlova

Take a look at the Pancakes on Parade roundup on The Well Seasoned Cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment