ADS

Carrot Cake with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting

Carrot Cake with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting

I still had some carrots left and I decided to make a carrot cake. Carrot cake is one of my favorite desserts and I especially like the cream cheese frosting. As I had never actually made a carrot cake before I went looking for a recipe and I came across this one that sounded good. I really liked that it included maple syrup in both the cake and the frosting. In an effort to make it a bit lighter I replaced some of the oil with apple sauce. I figured that the apple sauce would help keep the cake moist and it would also add some flavour. The carrot cake ended up tasting great and being nice and moist. The cake part was so nice that I really didn't mind the higher cake to frosting ratio. The maple flavour in both the cake and the frosting was also really nice. I will be making this again. Must not eat any more slices today...

Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (grated)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup applesauce
1 1/2 cups carrots (grated)
1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
1/4 cup maple syrup

Directions:
1. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, sugar and brown sugar in a bowl.
2. Mix the eggs, oil, maple syrup, applesauce, and carrots in a bowl.
3. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together and pour into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
4. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until a toothpick poked into the middle comes out clean, about 45-60 minutes.
5. Remove the cake for the pan and let cook on a wire rack.
6. Mix the cream cheese and maple syrup in a bowl.
7. spread the cream cheese frosting on the top of the carrot cake.

Carrot Cake with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting

Similar Recipes:
Carrot Cake Pancakes

No comments:

Post a Comment