ADS

Honey Glazed Ham

Honey Glazed Ham

It has been a while since I have had a ham dinner and I have never made one myself so I decided to make one for Christmas dinner. It took me a while to choose between doing a honey glazed ham and a maple glazed ham. Since I have been doing so much with the maple syrup lately I though I would give it a rest and went with the honey. I picked up a bone in, smoked ham that looked good. Cooking the ham was pretty easy and it tasted really good. It was nice and moist an flavourful, though the clove was really subtle. I think I may include a bit of ground cloves in the glaze the next time to increase the clove flavour a bit. The best thing was that there was a of ham left over. I will get to enjoy ham dinners for a few nights. I tossed the bone in the freezer and if I recall correctly, one can use a ham bone is split pea soup. Now I will have to look for some recipes to use up some of the ham.

Ingredients:
1 ham
* cloves
1 cup honey
2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
1/3 cup butter
1 teaspoon mustard

Directions:
1. Cut 1/4 inch deep criss crosses on all sides of the ham and push the cloves into the intersections.
2. Cook the ham as directed on the package.
3. Heat the honey, corn syrup, butter and mustard in a small sauce pan.
4. Starting about 30 minutes before the ham is done start glazing the the ham with the honey mixture every 10 minutes. Use the glaze and ham drippings to continue to baste the ham.
5. Let the ham rest for a few minutes.
6. Serve the ham with the remaining glaze and drippings as a sauce.

Similar Recipes:
Ham Crusted with Mustard and Gingersnap Crumbs
Apricot Glazed Ham
Ham Broth

Use the ham bone in:
Ham and Bean Soup
Split Pea Soup
Cajun Red Beans and Rice
Ham and Lentil Soup
Cuban Black Beans and Rice (Moros y Cristianos)
Ham and Chickpea Soup
Pasta e Fagioli Soup (Italian Pasta and Bean Soup)
Hoppin' John
Creamy Cabbage and Double Smoked Bacon Soup
Creole Split Pea Soup
Ham and Mushroom Sauerkraut Soup
Porchetta Chowder

Use leftover ham in:
Ham and Leek Tart
Ham and Egg Breakfast Quesadillas
Deviled Ham Sandwiches
Monte Cristo
Ham, Egg and Gruyere Crepes with Maple Syrup
Ham and Cheese Egg Casserole
Cuban Sandwich
Croque Hawaii
Monte Cristo Quesadillas
Roast Turkey Cuban Sandwich
Ham and Egg Breakfast Burritos
Ham and Cheese Quesadillas
Huevos Motulenos
Ham and Pineapple Melts
Eggs Benedict
Cottage Cheese and Egg Muffins with Ham and
Cheddar Cheese

Croque Monsieur
Ham and Eggs au Gratin

No comments:

Post a Comment