ADS

Oven Roasted Turkey Drumsticks and Vegetables

Oven Roasted Turkey Drumsticks and Vegetables


The other day I had turkey breast which was really good but I was missing the dark meat. I thought that I would try making turkey drumsticks next. I knew that I would not have much time for this meal so I decided to make it a one pan meal and roast the vegetables under the turkey drumsticks. It was pretty easy to make; you just need to clean and chop some vegetables, push some sage under the turkeys skin and wait for it to cook. I took Peters advise from the comments on the turkey breast post and just coated the skin with some melted butter and it crisped up nicely. The sage cooking under the buttered skin smelled really good! I forgot to make the gravy but the vegetables certainly tasted great all coated in the turkey drippings.

Merry Christmas! I hope you enjoy some tasty food!

Ingredients:
4 small potatoes (rinsed)
4 carrots (peeled, cut into chunks)
4 parsnips (peeled, cut into chunks)
4 stalks celery (peeled, cut into chunks)
2 onions (peeled, cut in half)
1 sprig rosemary
1 sprig thyme
4 turkey drumsticks (rinsed and patted dry)
* sage leaves
1 tablespoon butter (melted)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Place the potatoes, carrots, parsnips, celery, onions, rosemary and thyme in a baking dish or roasting pan.
2. Peek back the skin on the drumsticks and place the sage leaves under the skin.
3. Brush the skin of the drumsticks with butter and place on top of the vegetables.
4. Salt and pepper everything to taste.
5. Roast in a preheated 375F oven until the center of the drumstick reaches 180F, about 1.5-2 hours.
6. Let the drumsticks rest.

Similar Recipes:
Roasted Turkey Breast Dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment