ADS

Sour Cream and Chive Biscuits

Sour Cream and Chive Biscuits


Not too long ago I tried making buttermilk biscuits and they turned out really good. While I was looking for a recipe for them I came across the concept of sour cream biscuits with chives which sounded pretty good. Chives are a herb that I seen at the grocery store but never actually tried cooking with so I was looking forward to trying them. I decided to use the recipe that I used for the buttermilk biscuits and just replaced the buttermilk with the sour cream. I added a bit of cheddar cheese to the biscuits for some extra flavour. They turned out nice and light and fluffy. I was a bit disappointed that the chives did not have that much flavour. I am not sure if it was just the bunch that I got or if chives in general do not have much flavour. I will have to try working with them again. Overall the experiment was a success as the sour cream biscuits were nice. There are still a lot of biscuit flavour combinations that I want to try.

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup cake flour
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter (grated)
3/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
2 tablespoons chives (chopped)

Directions:
1. Mix the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
2. Mix in the butter and work with your fingers until it resembles course crumbs.
3. Mix in the cheddar cheese.
4. Add the sour cream and dill and mix until the dough forms a ball.
5. Knead the dough dough on a floured surface until it is nicely blended.
6. Pat the dough down until it is about an inch thick.
7. Cut the biscuits out of the dough and place on a baking sheet.
8. Bake the biscuits in a preheated 500F oven until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.

Similar Recipes:
Dill Biscuits with Smoked Salmon, Watercress and a Creamy Dill Spread

No comments:

Post a Comment