ADS

Banana Bread

Banana Bread

I have been craving banana bread for a while. Unfortunately I had to wait for over a week for the bananas to properly ripen. This weekend I finally got the chance to make the banana bread. I started with a basic banana bread to showcase the bananas. It turned out really well. It filled my apartment with an amazing aroma when baking in the oven. It was nice and moist and had a great banana flavour. Of course it was best when still warm from the oven. Now I am looking forward to trying some variations. I am thinking of adding nuts or chocolate chips or maybe some sour cream or apple sauce or yogurt. Luckily I now have a stock of ripened bananas in my freezer.

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs (beaten)
2 1/3 cups bananas (overripe, mashed)

Directions:
1. Mix the flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
2. Cream the butter and brown sugar in another bowl.
3. Stir the eggs and banana into the butter and sugar.
4. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture.
5. Pour the batter into a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
6. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until a tooth pick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.

Similar Recipes:
Curried Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Chocolate Chip and Sour Cream Banana Bread
Strawberry Sour Cream Bread
Sweet Potato Bread with Praline Sauce
Banana Buttermilk Pancakes
Curried Pineapple Banana Bread (Siamese Loaf)
Bananas Foster Pancakes
Strawberry Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
Pumpkin Greek Yogurt Banana Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment