ADS

Katsu Karē (Pork Cutlet with Curry Sauce)

Katsu Kare (Pork Cutlet with Curry Sauce)

Katsu karē (カツカレー) is tonkatsu, a Japanese breaded and fried pork cutlet with curry sauce. Katsu kari is a popular meal in japan. It is typically served on Japanese short grained rice. I have ordered it at several Japanese restaurants both here and in Japan when I was there on vacation. Sometimes it comes with just the curry sauce and sometimes it comes with the full curry including the meat, carrots and potatoes. I prefer to have just the curry sauce so that I can enjoy the pork cutlet more.

Whenever I make Japanese curry I like to make it with some extra sauce. I skim off the extra sauce and freeze it to use later for katsu kare and other dishes. This meal combines the best of both worlds. Since the tonkatsu was just cooked it is still nice and crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside and it is covered in an amazing spicy slightly sweet curry sauce.

Ingredients:
1 serving Japanese short grained rice (cooked)
1 tonkatsu (sliced)
1 1/2 cup Japanese curry sauce (heated)

Directions:
1. Assemble.

Similar Recipes:
Kare (Japanese Curry)
Kare Udon (Curry Udon Soup)
Kare Gyoza (Curry Potstickers)
Kare Pan (Curry Bread)
Tonkatsu
Katsudon (Pork Cutlet Rice Bowl)

No comments:

Post a Comment