ADS

Halibut with Lemon, Butter, Caper and Dill Sauce

Halibut with a Lemon Dill Caper Sauce on Fettuccine

A while ago I decided that I wanted to try to eat seafood more often. I thought that I would like to try having seafood at least once a week. At first it was a bit challenging but now I find that I am doing it effortlessly and in fact I am eating seafood more often. Seafood is so good that it is easy. I recently came across this recipe for sea bass with a butter, caper and lemon sauce which sounded really good. Can you really go wrong with butter, lemon and wine? I also liked the recipe because of its use of capers which I have been wanting to use more often. Dill is one of my favorite herbs and I thought that it would go well in the sauce. I thought that serving the sea bass on pasta would be nice as it would soak up all of the extra lemon, butter and dill sauce. When I got to the fish monger I was all set to get the sea bass when the halibut distracted me and I ended up walking home with that instead. This dish is pretty easy to make you just pan fry the fish in some oil and butter until it is slightly crispy on the outside and yet still moist and tender on the inside and then make the sauce in the same pan. The halibut with lemon, butter, caper and dill sauce turned out just as good as I imagined it would. I really enjoy the texture of halibut, especially when fried until just crispy on the outside. I had enough halibut to make the dish a second time and I was looking for a lighter meal so I served it on asparagus.

Ingredients:
1/2 tablespoon oil
1/2 tablespoon butter
2 halibut fillets
salt and pepper to taste
1 shallot (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1/2 cup of white wine
2 tablespoons capers
1 tablespoon butter
1 lemon (zest and juice)
2 tablespoons dill or parsley (chopped)

Directions:
1. Heat the oil and melt the butter in a pan.
2. Season the halibut with salt and pepper.
3. Add the halibut to the pan and cook until lightly golden brown on both sides, about 3-5 minutes per side.
4. Set the halibut aside.
5. Add the shallots to the pan and saute until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
6. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
7. Add the white wine and deglaze the pan.
8. Simmer to reduce the sauce a bit.
9. Turn off the heat and add the capers, butter, lemon and dill or parsley.

Halibut with a Lemon Dill Caper Sauce on Asparagus

Similar Recipes:
Tilapia Piccata
Pan Seared Salmon with Dill Sour Cream Sauce
Swordfish with Amandine Sauce
Pan Seared Salmon on Spinach in Tarragon Sauce
Chicken Piccata
Prosciutto Wrapped Halibut on Asparagus Sauce
Garam Masala Roasted Halibut in a Tomato Curry Sauce

Take a look at the Weekend Herb Blogging roundup at Sweetnicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment