ADS

Mango Coconut Rice Pudding

Mango Coconut Rice Pudding

I still had some mangos left and I was not done experimenting with cardamom. A while ago I tried making a rice pudding for the first time and I really enjoyed it. I was thinking that this time a coconut and mango rice pudding would be nice. The last rice pudding that I made was flavoured with vanilla and cinnamon and I though that cardamom would work well with the mango and coconut. Working with the cardamom was kind of fun. For ground cardamom you have to bash the pod to open it and scrap the seeds out before you can go at them with a mortar and pestle. At first I was going to just mix the pureed mango into the rice pudding but then I thought that it might look nice if you could see the white coconut rice pudding and the mango puree through the glass. I also had a few macadamia nuts left so they went on top. Making rice pudding takes a bit of time but if you have a rice cooker with a porridge setting it is as easy as start it and forget it until it beeps. I really enjoyed the cardamom and coconut rice pudding with mango puree. It was a nice cool treat. I have also been liking the cardamom though it can be a bit strong so I will have to watch how much I use so as not to overpower the dish that it is in.





(Makes 2 servings)



Ingredients:
1 14 ounce can coconut milk
1/4 cup arborio rice
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2 pods cardamom (ground)
1/4 cup mango (pureed)
some macadamia nuts (chopped, optional)

Directions:
1. Place the coconut milk, rice, salt, sugar and cardamom in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat and simmer for 25-35 minutes stirring occasionally.
3. Remove from heat and let cool.
4. Mix in the mango and garnish with chopped macadamia nuts.

Similar Recipes:
Mango Crisp with Macadamia Nut Crust
Mango and Banana Pancakes
Strawberry Rice Pudding with Balsamic Syrup
Rice Pudding with Cranberries and Pistachios
Rhubarb Fool



More Mango Recipes



Take a look at the Think Spice: Think Cardamom Event at Simple Indian Food.

No comments:

Post a Comment