ADS

Mango and Banana Pancakes

Mango Pancakes

They had some really nice looking mangos at the grocery store this weekend and I could not resist picking up a bunch of them. I remembered seeing a recipe for mango pancakes at more than burnt toast that sounded good. The recipe called for coconut milk and an overripe banana for some extra layers of flavour. I had also been wanting to try experimenting with cardamom and I liked the idea of using some in the pancakes. The pancakes were pretty good! They were nice and moist and light and full of flavour. I could easily have eaten them by themselves but I added some extras. I topped the mango pancakes with some pieces of mango, sliced banana, chopped macadamia nuts and some pureed mango. Of course I had to work maple syrup into the dish somehow so I added some to the mango puree.

Ingredients:
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon cardamom (ground)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 mango (stoned and peeled 1/2 mashed and 1/2 cubed)
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1 overripe banana (mashed)

Directions:
1. Mix the flour, baking powder, cardamom and salt in a large bowl.
2. Mix the mango puree, coconut milk, milk, egg, butter and banana in another bowl.
3. Mix the wet and dry ingredients.
4. Heat a pan and melt a touch of butter in it.
5. Pour 1/4 cup of the mixture into the pan and cook until the surface starts to bubble and the bottom is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
6. Flip the pancake and cook the other side until the bottom is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.

Similar Recipes:
Banana Buttermilk Pancakes
Bananas Foster Pancakes

Take a look at the Weekend Breakfast Blogging: May Mango Madness roundup on Escapades.

More Mango Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment