ADS

Sea Bass with Mango and Black Bean Salsa

Sea Bass with Mango and Black Bean Salsa

When I picked up the mangos on the weekend I remembered having seen some recipes for fish with mango salsa that sounded simple and good. I made sure to stop by the fish monger and I decided to try a new fish that I had been wanting to try for a while, sea bass. From what I could gather sea bass was a white fish similar to halibut and I thought that it would work with a mango salsa. Searching through my bookmarks I found a recipe for roasted tilapia with mango and black bean salsa. The black bean and mango salsa sounded fresh, healthy and tasty. This meal was really really easy to make. You just bake some fish and chop some mangos and peppers. What's more is that it was really good! The sea bass was pretty similar to halibut and it was nice and moist and tender and flaky. The salsa was an amazing combination of sweet and hot and the black beans added a nice creaminess. I flaked the leftover sea bass and used it and the leftover salsa to make fish tacos.

Roasted Sea Bass


Ingredients:
1 pound sea bass (or other white fish)
1 teaspoon oil
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Lightly oil you broiler pan to prevent the fish from sticking.
2. Season the sea bass with the salt and pepper.
3. Bake the sea bass in a preheated 450F oven until cooked (no longer opaque), about 10-15 minutes depending on how thick the sea bass is.

Mango and Black Bean Salsa


Ingredients:
4 small mangos (peeled, stoned and cut into bite sized pieces)
1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
2 jalapeño peppers (chopped)
2 green onions (chopped)
1 handful cilantro (chopped)
1 teaspoon cumin
1 lime (juice)

Directions:
1. Mix everything in a large bowl.

Similar Recipes:
Tilapia Baked in Salsa Verde
Fish Tacos
Pineapple and Banana Salsa

No comments:

Post a Comment