ADS

Cod with Strawberry Salsa

Cod with Strawberry Salsa

I got a few too many strawberries and I needed to use them. I was thinking that a white fish with a strawberry salsa would be nice. At first I was going to go with a more standard salsa with jalapeno, cumin and cilantro but then I thought that balsamic vinegar goes well with strawberries. I ended up with a strawberry and balsamic vinegar salsa to go with the fish which turned out to be cod. There is still a lot of fresh local asparagus so I finished the meal off with some of that. Nothing says Spring like asparagus and strawberries! It turned out to be a really nice light and fresh lunch.

Ingredients:
1 fillet cod (or any white fish)
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon mint (chopped)
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon honey
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup strawberries (trimmed and chopped)

Directions:
1. Season the cod with salt and pepper.
2. Broil the cod until cooked and flaky, about 6-9 minutes.
3. Mix the mint, lime juice, balsamic vinegar, honey and black pepper.
4. Toss with the strawberries with the dressing to coat.
5. Serve the cod with the strawberry salsa.

Similar Recipes:
Sea Bass with Mango and Black Bean Salsa
Strawberry and Avocado Salsa

Take a look at the Waiter there's something in my... berries roundup at Cook sister!.

No comments:

Post a Comment