ADS

Jerked Chicken with Mango and Avocado Salad

Jerked Chicken with Mango and Avocado Salad

When I made the jerk chicken a while ago I ended up with a lot of extra jerk marinade. I have been enjoying having the extra marinade around because it has made for some quick and tasty meals. I was looking for a light meal and I thought; What better than a salad with some jerked chicken? Juicy ripe mangoes were the next thing to come to mind for the salad. Lately I have been enjoying avocados and I thought that they would add a nice bit of relief to the heat of the jerk chicken. I have also been experimenting using beans in salads lately and this time I went with some kidney beans, though black beans also crossed my mind. The salad ended up being quite good. The avocados and sweet mangoes complemented the heat of the spicy chicken nicely.

Ingredients:
1 chicken breast
1/4 cup jerk marinade
1 tablespoon oil
1 lemon (juice and zest)
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon honey
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste
2 handfuls romaine lettuce (chopped)
1 mango (peeled, pitted, and cut into bite sized pieces)
1 avocado (peeled, pitted, and cut into bite sized pieces)
1 handful kidney beans (rinsed and drained)

Directions:
1. Marinate the chicken in the jerk marinade for 20 minutes to overnight.
2. Heat the oil in a pan.
3. Add the chicken and saute until golden brown on both sides, about 3-5 minutes per side.
4. Mix the lemon juice, lemon zest, oil, honey, dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
5. Assemble salad and pour on dressing.
5. Top with sliced jerked chicken.

Similar Recipes:
Jerk Chicken
Chicken and Mango Guacamole Wrap
Mango, Avocado and Grilled Shrimp Salad with a Peanut Dressing
Roasted Portobello Mushroom Salad
Buffalo Chicken Salad
Tequila Lime Grilled Chicken
Jerk Fish on Coconut Rice Topped with Banana and Pineapple Salsa
Grilled Jerk Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers

No comments:

Post a Comment