ADS

Tartar Sauce

Tartar Sauce

Fish and chips just isn't the same without tartar sauce! Although there are a lot of different recipes out there, tartar sauce is commonly made from mayonnaise, chopped capers and chopped dill pickles. Since there is already dill pickle in the mix I like to add some dill which is of one of my favorite herbs. I like the way that lemon juice really brightens up mayonnaise and it does a great job of it in tartar sauce. When eating fish and chips I like to dip both the fish and the chips into the tartare sauce. Tartar sauce also goes really well with a lot of other seafood dishes. The addition of some tartar sauce makes a quick and tasty fish dish. I also like to add tartar sauce to things like crab cakes or other seafood patties in addition to serving it on the side or on top.

Let me know how you like to use tartar sauce.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon capers (chopped)
1 tablespoon dill pickle or cornichons (chopped)
2 tablespoons dill (chopped)
1/2 lemon (juice)

Directions:
1. Mix everything together.

Similar Recipes:
Blue Cheese Dip

Serve with:
Crispy Beer Battered Fish Sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment